Friday, February 20, 2009

metal

okay, so I'm going to Scion rock fest. I got tickets because I heard about it from my roommate who works with the guitarist from Salome, so we were waiting for the free tickets to become available. I'm hoping that none of the bands I want to see are playing at the same time, but here's who I want to see:

Neurosis
Torche
Nachtmystium
Wolves in the Throne Room
Harvey Milk
Zoroaster
Krallice

I've seen Torche before, but I'm interested to see them again. I've also seen Mastadon, Boris, High on Fire, Pig Destroyer, Zoroaster, Nachtmystium, Baroness, Torche, and Salome before, but the listed are those that I gotta see. Boris is great and all, but I love them with Michio Kurihara and I'm not sure if he's playing with them for this. I've also been falling out with metal for a while now, and it's not really my passion anymore. My kid brother is still super enthused with it all still, so it'll be great for him.

I'm about to rip some vinyl for this blog any day now. I got some stuff I haven't seen online, so hopefully I'll bring something new.

Rastakraut Pasta? Krautrock Reggae?

No comments: