Tuesday, February 17, 2009

No Fun Fest '09

I just bought my tickets for no fun fest. I'm currently on the hunt for the can't miss festivals this summer. Last summer we went to Terrastock 7 and it was pretty much the best four days of the summer. I also went to Brainwaves in November, and that was pretty fun but absolutely cold, and there was a severe drug and alcohol shortage. I wanted to hit Time of Rivers festival in Maine, and I recently couldn't afford to go to Knoxville for Big Ears festival (it was like 200 bucks just for a pass, ouch!) I'm most excited to see Emeralds and Skullflower. I watched a nature documentary on netflix online called something like "monsters of the deep" and put on the What Happened? CD. It was a good pair-up. I recently got a bunch of downloads of both Emeralds and Mark Mcguire solo work from '08. Fantastic. They played 611 florida a few years ago, but it was before I was hip to it. Mattin's performance at sonic circuits stands out in my mind, just standing up there on stage in silence with his laptop on his shoulder like the archetypical 'ghetto-blaster' for about 10 minutes, then screaming into the onboard microphone WHY ARE YOU STARING AT ME?! over and over. I think I was the only person who thought it was awesome and not schticky.

http://www.nofunfest.com/2009.html

No comments: