Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Aleph @ Hallucinatory Mountain

The new Current 93. A much better record than Black Ships -- more dynamic, less repetitive, different players. James Blackshaw takes over for Michael Cashmore, the first track sounds like Om. I've been a big fan of Current 93 for about 7 or 8 years now, I guess. Some of the first music I got into independently. My friend discovered Foetus through buying NIN on Amazon, and we followed that thread and led to us discovering shit like Coil, Nurse with Wound (and the list, though i didn't get a chance to listen to any of that stuff until the internet grew stronger), Nick Cave, Throbbing Gristle, Teenage Jesus & thJerks, etc. All The Pretty Horses made a strong impression on me. I don't really have a strong comprehension of a lot of his lyrical subjects, but it sounds creepy enough to me. Still have yet to see them live, seeing as how they only play in like fucking Austria or San Fransisco.

Ears.

No comments: